Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Party Girl (1995)

A film I had never heard of until the other day, starring Parker Posey is apparently a cult film. Cult film and Parker Posey I had to check it out. I have to say it was alright, Parker has some funny moments but overall I'd say it's a flat film. It's just the feel the film has. It's definitely low-budget, which is obvious in both script and shooting, but it does have a bit of the low-budget charm, just nothing that makes it stand out from every other low-budget film with charm.
The casts wardrobe made this film worth watching. Checking out styles from the mid-90s are hilarious, mostly because this is the style that is coming back right now...so watching it makes it feel I should be taking fashion notes. I think H&M must have watched this movie to get tips, ha.

No comments: