Sunday, January 20, 2008

Let's All Hate Toronto (2007)

This was a decent documentary about why all of Canada hates the city of Toronto and its people. I personally don't have too much of an outstanding beef with the place, but I found the concept to this film cute. It's pretty much a film you shouldn't take seriously because it pokes fun of itself through and through. I like how they gave my hometown Hamilton credit for hating Toronto the most vehemently, haha...Footage shot at Ivor Wynne stadium was hilarious and totally captures how a local North Hamiltonian behaves...don't be looking in my direction I'm more in the South-Western area :)
The majority of the film is about the protagonist going from coast to coast to learn about why Canadians hate Toronto, and to try and shed some light on their deriding sentiment.
The film doesn't try to be serious political or anything, if anything this film is just about the filmmakers enjoying their trip across Canada and connecting with people from different areas of our country and being silly at the same time. Hey, if I could find funding to do the same, I'd be there in a second.

No comments: