Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

I really enjoyed this movie, it was a helluva roller coaster ride. Paul Greengrass really knows what he's doing when it come to the action/thriller genre. Every cut seemed to be flawless, and effortlessly assembled. Maybe if I speak even more in it's praise you'll think I'll bullshit? But it's true, this movie rocks out! Acting was intense too. Props to David Strathairn for being a kickass evil dude! Lady actresses seemed willowy with what they were given, the script totally could have given Julia Stiles at least one scene where she could pistol whip some CIA henchman, but no, her scenes demanded that she looks worried and longingly into Matt Damon's eyes, and then run frantically from her potential killer, what gives!
On an artistic note, I found the colouring very interesting. It comprised mostly blues, cold tones giving the film a very somber feel. Also I really loved the real locations that are used throughout the film. When Damon walks out of the Paris subway station toward the "Gare du Nord" it made me feel special that I had walked up those exact steps around 18 months ago (I totally have something in common with Matt Damon, sweet). Also shots of London were wicked, and make me excited for my upcoming trip there....at least I won't have a sniper looming behind my back, like somebody else.
All in all, I recommend this movie, because it's totally enjoyable, it's a popcorn movie for sure, but it's so thrilling that you'll feel more CIA savvy than before!

No comments: