Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Enchanted (2007)

I had been wanting to see this movie since it came out, so I grabbed the chance when it was playing as an in-flight movie. I enjoyed this movie for what it was. It's a syrupy tale of fairy tale characters who find themselves thrown into modern day NYC. It was kind of like Borat, for 6 year olds...hilarity at foreigners who have trouble coping with their new environment. I especially loved the fairy tale singing that took place all over the city.
The movie starts out as a cartoon, which was cute, and then when the characters are thrown into NYC it goes to real life. Props to the whole cast, to be honest. I later found out that the main dude's girlfriend was Idina Menzel, none other than the lady who played the Wicked Witch in the stage production of Wicked, way cool...unfortunately she didn't sing one note, what's with that? She totally would have stole the show, which I guess is why they probably cut any parts she might have sang during. James Marsden was so dreamy in a I'm-ignorantly-and-blissfully-in-love-with-my-lady prince, so yeah, ironically creepy, haha
With all this going for it, I was really disappointed with the ending. It does have a happy ending (ah geez, I hope I didn't spoil it for you), but not in the way I wanted it to be. Ah well, it was definitely an enjoyable watch, and good escape from the hunger pains I endured during the beginning of my flight :)

No comments: