Saturday, March 22, 2008

No Country for Old Men (2007)

This was an enjoyable film. Disturbing and horrific with all the fixing of a Thanksgiving dinner, but also subtle and not very graphic. Maybe if it was more graphic it would have been a very different film, and I would be having nightmares, haha.
I was sadly disappointed with the ending, but it didn't wreck the film for me, surprisingly. I think because the ending kind of made sense with what happened through the whole film. I won't spoil anything, I promise. After finishing the film I couldn't think of any big critique, and even question the point of this entry. It was a film in itself. Like a good novel, it delivered what it promised, nothing more, nothing less.
I enjoyed Tommy Lee Jones as the county sheriff. His character reminded me a lot of the character Francis Mcdormand played in Fargo, it was cool seeing it again.
Final verdict: The film is watchable, but I don't think you'd be missing much if you let it pass you by.

No comments: