Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lars and the Real Girl (2007)

This movie was so cute. I really enjoyed it. It's been about 8 months since I first wanted to see this movie. Was there gratification in the delay? Meh, what can I say it was a cute film. I loved the scene where Lars gets upset about how Bianca is too busy to spend an evening playing Scrabble with him, just like a real boy would, hehe.
It's sad and touching that Lars lived such a secluded life. I'm glad the character was able to break out of his shell eventually.
I guess from a critic's more objective point of view the film is pretty formulaic. But I find it hard to admit this because Ryan Gosling is just so dreamy that I melt when he's on screen.
I recommend this movie if you're looking for something kind of light, but touching and all round cute.

1 comment:

Pat R said...

just saw Lars and the Real Girl, Gosling did a great job playing out his character's psychological transitions... it was nice of them to leave out the predictable small-town drama as well