Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Proposal (2009)

This movie met my expectations, it sucked. I was willing to watch it with an open mind, but it really had nothing new or different about it, that I hadn't seen in a billion other romantic-comedies. A lot of people have said they liked this movie, and that I would like it too, but I don't see what they're getting at. Two people who hated each other for 3 years, are not going to fall in love in less than 3 days. Maybe if they just suddenly want to get it on, granted, I might be able to see that. But to decide over one weekend that they want to spend the rest of their lives together is bunk. I have nothing good to say about this film. I've never been a fan of Sandra Bullock, and Ryan Renolds was alright, but he's becoming predictable and I was really grossed out when Oscar from The Office plays a Stripper/Maid/Grocer.
The whole film also played it too safe. The whole being deported to Canada was lame, and no immigration officer would go to the extent that this one did (unless someone is paying for his expensives, and he really has nothing better to do?)
I regret watching it, and don't recommend it.

No comments: