Monday, December 21, 2009

Avatar (2009)

It`s hard sometimes to write this blog without having other people`s impressions sway my thoughts on the film. This is an instance where I walked into this film with many preconceived notions because there has been a lot of hype built-up around it. It`s a made-to-be 3D adventure, and I decided it would be the first 3D film I saw at the theatre.
In film synergy, it would be Terminator 2 meets The Lion King. It was definitely cool to see, and I`m glad I saw it in 3D, but I didn`t leave the theatre feeling like the film changed me at all. In sum, it was a spectacle for the eyes, and really let me recognize attributes of James Cameron`s films that flow through Avatar. Cameron works very strongly with the theme of man`s dependancy on technology, and the inevitable demise that this dependancy results in (for those of you thinking exclusively of his sci-fi films, don`t forget this theme is extremely obvious in Titanic).

No comments: