Saturday, March 05, 2011

The Dears - Degeneration Street (2011)

I just finished listening to this album for the first time all the way through. Like most albums I listen, it's hard for me to make judgment to form my opinion.

This album didn't do that much for me, but then again I wasn't expecting it to. Unfortunately everything that The Dears will and have released since No Cities Left will be a pale consideration because of the heavily emotional attachment I had to it. No Cities left is an amazing album, and I listened to it ad nauseum when it came out. That being said I am not capable of listening to No Cities Left because of the memories it represents.

To get back to Degeneration Street, it's still a listenable album. This post represents my first attempt at writing an album review, in change from my strictly film reviews. None of the songs of Degeneration Street stood out to me on first listen either. I will have to listen to it again some time (probably at work where it'll go decently well in the background).

Cheers.

No comments: