Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Kids are Alright (2010)

I enjoyed this movie. The structure, characters and flow felt very traditional and practical, but with the one twist, that the couple are lesbians instead of the run-of-the-mill heterosexual couple added a cool element, but I felt like this really didn't make a difference in how I watched the film. I feel like the film was able to really take this issue and make it very invisible in the narrative. Yes jokes are made about how lesbian couples are not traditional, but I felt like the made draw of this film is about fidelity, and how families deal with it, and how it is important to stick together as a unit.
Good performances by the entire cast. Good pacing of the narrative. Recommend. Even though the formula is very predictable I am glad it is nominated for an Oscar.

No comments: