Sunday, January 30, 2011

Les Amours Imaginaires (2010)

At the risk, and with no guilt my tag line for this film: He's just not that into you, meets Jules and Jim.
This film was fantastic, I loved it every bit about it. I wish more films were of this caliber. Dolan beautifully captured the essence of being in love with someone who is for the most part ambivalent about your feelings. The cast did a great job.

I also really liked the coloring and composition of the film. The pillow talk, although redundant in explaining the feelings of the character, really emphasized the sadness they felt.

The scenes of the expository interviews really added depth (and that's where the He's Just Not that Into you analogy comes from).

Overall amazing film, definitely recommend it. Now if only J'ai Tue Ma Mere was available outside of Quebec I'd be set.

Cheers.

No comments: