Sunday, January 30, 2011

127 Hours (2010)

From when this movie started the only thought I had was "oh god, when is he going to saw his arm off", and I think that might have been the general thought in the theatre. Once the sawing started to go down we were all squirming in our seats, ha.
That being said 127 Hours was alright. I didn't feel like it was a masterpiece. The editing, pacing and general character development was very much done in a music video/ fast-paced style, which albeit worked with this concept, I just feel like it inhibited this film from being a classic.
The film is enjoyable, but it's not a film that will require more than one viewing to get the gist of it.
Definitely a good performance by James Franco, but not the best performance I've seen of the year. I can't take him completely seriously, maybe as a result of his earlier work, but he definitely is working toward getting some dramatic chops. Rock it, dude.

Worth checking out, it is inspiring, Danny Boyle knows how to put together a film, overall.

No comments: