Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Artist (2011)

This movie was enjoyable for what it had to offer. My favourite part of the film, was a scene that looked like it was going to take the film in a surrealism direction, but it ended up only being a one-off scene. It was the scene where the protagonist can hear sound all around him, but he cannot hear himself make a noise. It was quite freaky, and I was hoping it would become of developing/episodic theme in the film. My date to the film said that it wouldn't have made sense if the film went in that direction, because it's a french art film, but I personally would have liked it to go that way. Maybe I was just in the mood for a David Lynch film.
The ending was cute, and overall I did enjoy myself during the film. Check it out if you're looking for a b/w revival feel silent film.
Cheers.

No comments: